I finally did it! I tried creating a green screen animation (short one) today. I wanted to start the project since Alec showed us the technique; however, I got very sick and had the upper respiratory infection during the reading week… not fun at all. Anyways, I am well enough now and I just did it.
Initially, I thought I can use iMovie (free version) on iPad and started to take series of pictures with the camera on iPad. Then, I opened the iMovie, clicked the create project. I was able to upload all of the photos but I just couldn’t find a button to the movie editing screen (or perhaps there is no movie editor for free edition…) after 20-30 minutes trying unsuccessfully, I decided to use PC instead. And followings were my steps:
- From my iPad, I uploaded photos to my Google Photos so I can access from anywhere I go.
- Open PC and check my photos on Google Photos account, then select them to create an animation. (using app’s feature) Then, downloaded the short animation (gif video) to my PC.
- I decided to use WeVideo and quickly googled how to do green screen using this app. I found a Color Keying (Green/Blue Screen) page to refer.
- I uploaded my claymation video, then went to Youtube for background video. I found a nice sky and cloud video by SKY CLOUD. Using online converter, I downloaded the background video to my PC, then uploaded to WeVideo.
- It was a pretty quick process once you have everything uploaded onto WeVideo. Create a project and drag videos into timelines. Color Keying was very EASY. I only clicked to pick a color (green spot on the video) and BOOM, the blue sky with cloud background was there. I decided to add a title and credit, ending to the video which made it bit more refined (I think…).
- WeVideo allows you to upload directly to YouTube. You have options to share with Facebook, Twitter, and link to embed onto your blog or email. You also have the option to download the video to your PC.
I definitely recommend everybody WeVideo online app. You have 1800:00min of video space and 151GB storage.
Now please enjoy my very short claymation video, Super Girl!